Privacy & Policies
Information We Collect
We collect information from individuals who interact with our Sites and Services, including those who incorporate our Service into their website (“Integrators”), those who utilize our services for data labeling (“Customers”), and the end users who interact with the our Service through the websites of our Integrators (“End-Users”).
We collect the following categories of information:
- Information that can be used to identify or contact an individual (“Personal Information”), such as name, email address, and country. We collect Personal Information from our current and prospective Integrators and Customers when they give it directly to us (for example, by filling in a form when signing up for an account, or applying to receive email notifications from us). We may also verify the identity of our Integrators and Customers by comparing personal information against third party databases or official legal documents.
- Information collected automatically as a result of an Integrator’s or Customer’s use of the our Sites or the Services (“Analytics Information”), such as IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp of access, and other similar information. Some Analytics Information is collected on our behalf by third parties we engage for that purpose, and some Analytics Information is collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies (see “Third Party Analytics and Tracking Technologies” below).
- Information collected as a result of End-Users answering prompts through the Service (“Labeled Data”), such as image labeling data, text converted from audio files played to those End-Users, answers to questions, and other prompts generated by the Service for purposes of labeling data for use in machine learning applications. Note that Labeled Data is not tied to any identified individual.
- Other information collected from End-Users as part of the Service to that is required to determine whether they
are human, such as mouse movements, scroll position, keypress events, touch events, and gyroscope / accelerometer information as applicable.
- We may collect additional information from End-Users who wish to work with us as Individual Data Labelers.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To administer Integrator and Customer accounts and provide the Service. We use Personal Information in order to associate specific accounts with Integrators and Customers and to provide them the Service, to respond to requests or inquiries, to provide support or technical assistance, and to facilitate payments.
- To improve to Site and the Service. We use Analytics Information to improve our existing and develop new services and offerings and to customize existing and future product offerings.
- To derive market insights. We use Analytics Information to analyze the market and conduct business analyses related to the Site and our Services, and for other research purposes.
- To provide a market for Labeled Data. Our Service enables high volume data labeling and human review for machine learning systems as a service to website owners and companies who need help getting their data labeled. To that end, we disclose Labeled Data to our Customers interested in acquiring Labeled Data.
- To secure our services and systems. We use Analytics Information to secure our systems by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and to otherwise protect the information we collect.
- For any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is de-identified or aggregated such that it cannot be reasonably tied to an individual..
How We Share Information
We share or disclose personal information in the following cases:
- Upon direct request from an Integrator to identify the fraud risk of a specific CAPTCHA challenge request or IP address, or otherwise where specific consent was given.
- With vendors we engage to provide essential aspects of the Sites and the Service, such as data storage, hosting, and Analytics, and only for those purposes.
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to public and private entities in order to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is de-identified
or aggregated such that it cannot be reasonably tied to an individual.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking Technologies
How We Secure Information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store, and require all agents who carry out our processing on our behalf to do the same. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately through our contact us page contact us page
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Site and the Service (and any other associated services, information, data, features, and other content or materials) are provided on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, IMI excludes all warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Managing Your Information (Your Rights)
You may access, correct, amend, or delete certain Personal Information you may have provided us through your Integrator, Customer, or Accessibility User account (if you are an Integrator, Customer, or Accessibility User). If you are unable to do so, or have any questions about Personal Information we have collected and/or shared about you, or would like to withdraw your consent for our processing (i.e. entirely delete your account) please visit our contact us page
If you would prefer to block cookies or other tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices all you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. You may also use third party tools, including browser plug-ins, to control your cookie preferences. Note, however, that if you disable all cookies, some portions of our Sites may not function properly.
Information from Children
Our Sites and Service are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it. Please contact us if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA.”